Our Generation Dolls can be purchased online at
Learn how to make DIY Mother’s Day keychains with our easy tutorial!
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and it’s a great time to show your mom how much she means to you with a special gift!
It doesn’t have to be something complicated or expensive, the most important thing is that you show your mom you care! Handmade gifts are great because they come straight from the heart – and we know OG Kids have some of the biggest hearts around!
Because our Doll of the Month for May is Leslie and her Pet Husky, we decided to make keychains with cute drawings of animals on them…but you can show off your creativity with whichever style of keychain you want!
Did you know?
Mother’s Day doesn’t have to be just for biological moms! You can celebrate this day with anyone who plays an important nurturing or guiding role in your life.
Some children have more than one mom, and some have none at all! Everyone is different, and that’s okay! What’s important is to honor the people who are positive influences in your life and show them your love and gratitude with a kind word or gift.
**Safety First! These DIY Dog Tags require the use of sharp scissors and a hot oven. Please get help from and adult to make sure that you can do this craft project safely!**
1. Draw or trace any design of your choice onto the Shrinky Dinks® paper (making sure it’s 2-3 times larger than the final size you desire, as they shrink after baking)
2. Write a message for your mom
3. Punch a hole in the keychain before placing it in the oven
4. Put the final pieces into a preheated 325°F oven on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper for 1-3 minutes
5. The designs will start to curl in the oven, and then magically lay flat again. Once flattened, wait 30 more seconds for them to set completely and remove from the oven
6. Add a keychain ring and it’s ready to be gifted!
If you have extra materials from this craft and are looking for a fun and creative way to use them, why not make a cool, DIY Dog Tag for your OG Pup or your favorite pet! The tutorial shows you just how to do it!
Our theme for May is pets, and you can explore all of the pet-themed items in the Our Generation Pet Theme Collection!
For even more ways to have fun with your Our Generation dolls and pets, check out the Pup Adoption Certificate, the Veterinarian Pup Check-Up, and the Furry Friends Word Search in our Fun Stuff – OG Activities section!
Showing stores within